Immigration Attorneys Serving Clients Nationwide

Job types for HIB visa in California

On Behalf of | Feb 8, 2022 | immigration |

H1B visa allows foreigners to live and work in the United States for a period of three years, with the possibility of extension. Typically, it is easier to get a permanent residency in the country if you hold this visa. If you are interested in living and working in California, here are the jobs that put you in a better position to qualify for an H1B visa.

Job types for H1B visa

  • Technology field – If you have a job offer in computer science, information technology or other related fields, you are likely to qualify for an H1B visa.
  • Medical field – If you get an offer to be a doctor, nurse, therapist or any other medical professional, you may be able to get an H1B visa.
  • Education or research – Teachers, statisticians, analysts, scientists and related professionals have a better chance of qualifying.
  • Creative industry – If you are an artist, designer, architect or other creative professional, it may be easier for you to get an H1B visa.

Applying for an H1B visa

An H1B visa is basically an immigration–employment card. Getting one will need you to liaise with an employer in the U.S. First, you will need them to agree to hire you and submit a Labor Condition Application on your behalf. They also need a valid business license from the United States Department of Labor.

Next, you will apply and submit form I-129F at the USCIS website to get visas for your spouse, fiancé or children. If approved, you will get instructions on finishing the application process; this includes where and how to conduct a visa interview and submit fingerprints.

An H1B visa allows you to work toward permanent residency in the U.S. because of your employment. If you are interested in working in the country, you can position yourself to qualify in the future by specializing in one of the above-mentioned fields.